Saturday, September 1, 2007

Dance with me.

The music is in your heart,
The rhythm is in your body.
Dancing is a nice feeling,
Just move with the melody.

When you are dancing, you will
Never be lonely!
To mingle among nice, happy people
All of them are lovely.

When I was young, dancing a waltz
Was my first enjoyment
From a slow tango, to the quick samba
It was a big improvement.

Later, a foxtrot kept me
Moving very fast,
With the rumba in between
I never had a chance to rest.

Doing the twist and the Charleston
Was a good exercise,
And during the acrobatic rock-and-roll
You must improvise!

With your good partner, doing cha-cha-cha
One..two..three..
Swinging back and fort in every direction,
Like a monkey on the tree.

In my heart I feel the pleasant melody.
The lyric is getting old, but not the symphony.
The orchestra changes notes, didn't stop performing,
The rhythm is there, but my legs aren't moving.

I would like to hold my partner on the dancing floor....
But my legs don't follow the dancing crowd anymore.
The mind is young, only the legs are old,
Time goes by, no silver lining, only rusty gold.

PLEASE MY BEAUTIFUL LADY! MAKE ME HAPPY!
LISTEN TO MY HEART, AND DANCE WITH ME!

(Thank you from Leslie Vertes)

No comments: