Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ballad of the Death


One of the best poem Francois Villon wrote is: THE BALLAD OF THE DEATH. This gave me an inspiration to write a poem about it.

He was born in France, in 1431 and he lost his parents when he was eight years old. Guillome Villon, a priest took him in his home, gave his new name, and sent him to Sorbonne University.
Since the age of 12 he was writing poems. Villon loved good wine and bad girls. Most of the time he was drunk and spent lots of times in the jails. Many times he had to flee Paris to avoid the jail. In 1463 January he again was on run, left Paris. Nobody ever see him nobody knows when he died and where.

His poems live forever!

MY INSPIRATION OF FRANCOIS VILLON.


THE KING OF KINGS.

Gold, ruby and diamond cover the velvet crown,
His robe made out of feather, white and brown.
Shiny, dark black wood decorates the entire floor.
Diplomats surround the King. Soldiers guarding the door.

"I am the King! The whole world is mine!
Forever I will rule, until the sun will shine!"


The black robed Death arrived and started to tell:

"You are a bad king, and i will take you to Hell!
The sun is rising, but I, the death will decide your fate.
You will come with me NOW! I don't want to wait!"

THE RICH DAME.

A rich dame lives in a large mansion with manicured land...
The maid cleans everything, you couldn't find a speck of sand.
She is looking in the mirror to see a beautiful face,
And the well-made gown, with lots of silk and lace.

"I will be young and desirable forever!
Ugly or old I will be never. NEVER. NEVER!
Many rich lovers, lots of diamond they will bring
In every finger I want to have large, shiny ring."
The door opens; quietly the Death comes in without a noise:
"No more rich lovers! I will have you! You don't have a choice! "

THE STINGY BANKER.

Counting and recounting his money many times a day..
He wants more and more, but nothing to give away.
"A little from here, a little from there...this is my joy.
I don't want to have a wife, or or a child , not even a boy!

The Death climbs trough the window during the night:


"I will take rich or pour, sick or healthy without a fight."
The banker cries: "Let me take my treasures. Without them I will be lonely!"
The Death said: " No! You don't take anything! This is my rule and the only!"

THE INNOCENT CHILD.


He has many toys, fancy clothes. He is a happy child.
With lots of friends he plays games, gentle or wild.
He is very smart, has a big future, for sure it will be bright.

He is healthy, beautiful and very pleasent day and night

Education, marriage, have a large family..

Big success to look for and live in harmony...


The old Death talks quietly: "I don't give you any explanation,

I just ask you to come with me now without hesitation."



THE MASTER OF MUSIC.



The left hand magically touches the string,
The right moves gently, like the quiet spring.


When he plays a happy pieces, the violin is laughing.
Playing a sad composition the audience can't stop crying.


"Don't break my bow! I have hundreds sonatas to play!


I want to perform, to make every listener happy and gay!
"Your symphony is over, from your violin every note is history.


I will be your audience! I will be the only one to hear your melody!"


The violin is silent, the magic wood sings no more.


The concert is over, the audience see only closed door.



THE OLD FARMER.


His father and his grandfather cultivated this land,


Hard work is the farmer's life, his back is always bent.
He work before the sun rises, until the sun set...


He is not happy: no rain at all! The earth is never wet.


When the Death arrives, he knew it is time to go...


"I want to ask you something: please don't tell me no!\


Brother Death! I have only one favor to ask, than I will go:


The soil is poor, hard to make a living with empty hand
Cremate me and spread my body to enrich our land."


The death understand him and carried away his body....


"When a good man dies, he will leave behind his legacy."


He throws his ashes tenderly with steady hand,


For future generation will have rich and fertile land.



THE LESSON AND CONCLUSION.


When you were born, your destiny is written down,


You can be a dictator, an artist, or a jumping clown.


Even if you have lots of money, you will go without wealth!


Love your family, your friends, but first: take care of your health!


(Written in Florida, 2005)


























No comments: