Thursday, September 17, 2009

MOTHERS DAY, EVERY DAY.

I REMEMBER MY MOTHER.


A simple women, a good wife, she was a good mother.
Not having an easy life, like many, many other.
Good life she didn't have, tears were plenty,
But with good children her life never was empty.

To give good advice, to learn better manner,
Organize my closet, put everything in order...
She wanted me to look up, forward, to have good friend,
Not to follow the faulty ones, she said: "Backward you never bend!"

I REMEMBER MY MOTHER.

She was worried watching my first bicycle try
And when I fell, hurting myself, she was the one to cry.
Watching the clock when I came home late,
Worried, afraid, but she had in me lots of fate.

When I was in the hospital to take out my tonsils,
I couldn't talk to her, had to use papers and pencils,
But she made my favorite food, cooked the very best dishes
For her only son, me, to get better. That was her wishes.

I REMEMBER MY MOTHER.

She never was sick, always ready to clean, to cook,
One of her pleasures she had: reading a good book.
For my sister and me clothing had to fix,
Working, loving her children, it was a healthy mix.

My returning from gulag, she was far away, and sad,
Her heart was pulling both ways...this was very bad!
She moved to new promising land, with a flag BLUE and WHITE,
To work even harder, facing the future with little, little light.

I REMEMBER MY MOTHER.

My mother and me, we lived far apart for many years,
She never complained, holding back the painful tears.
Missing a husband, a son, good friends...she just hoped for the best.
And always worried for the family...she did not give her heart a rest.

I had to cut my vacation trip to fly to Israel,
Can not say good bye to her, just attend her burial.
The ground is dry now, she is resting forever.
Can't call me: "My dear son" anymore. Never.

I REMEMBER MY MOTHER.

To remember her, I feel happy with a smile,
And understanding her, it took me for a while.
Her life was not wasted, but I can't write to her a letter...
But when I think of her with love, I feel much better.

YES! I REMEMBER MY MOTHER!

(I did write this composition for Mother's Day and every day). Leslie Vertes.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much you do, Leslie! I love following your journey - thank you for keeping us all updated!